bc hour late, preg?

I have been on ortho lo for three months now and I have taken my pill late a few times (1 hour usually). I have never skipped an entire day so we haven't used a backup method of bc. I just started my sugar pills today and I didn't start my period...has this happened to anyone else before?? I just had my daughter last May and I don't feel the same as I did with her. Help please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It could be that your periods are going to be shorter now that your body is more use to the BC. You may start a day or 2 late.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• if it is more then once then ya there is a chance if not taken properly it doesnt work the right way and it is not 100 % to begin with id take a test in the morning with your first pee
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i really dont think taking it an hour late would give you the chance to be preggo. I've known people who have missed a day or too and were fine. I agree with imtheonlysane1. Ortho pill is 96% effective with typical use (skipping pills taking late etc) and 98% effective with proper use
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008