I've been sick for about a month..... :(

I first had the flu in the middle of February. I felt a bit better but had to move while still under the weather. I began to feel very sick with watery eyes, head congestion, ringing in the ears. I went to pcp and he said it was allergies, allergist told me I have a viral sinus infection. The ringing in the ears is really annoying. Can sinus infection cause this? Allergies? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Health

• You could have mono. That's lasts forever and has similar symptoms.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• ringing in the ears could be from the sinuses, or from wax buildup in the ears. What types of meds are you taking? PM me if you want. :)
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• allergist just gave me a nasal spray, (cortisone) to help inflammation. I'm at my wit's end!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• If you are brave and want to try something they didn't recommend, I'd try a little over the counter allergy/antihistimine med, like Zyrtec or Claritin. If it works, your pcp was right. Do not be afraid to go back to your pcp if you don't feel better soon. HUGS to you and good luck!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• thank you so much kjrn79!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Ya at times sinus can do this. Consult a general physician...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011