What could it be the back of my neck hurts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Health

• tension headache maybe? heating pad might help and some tylenol
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Did you sleep funny? When my neck hurts, it's either tension or I slept weird. Heat up a damp towel and put that on your neck. Lay down on it and rest for a few minutes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• How long have been sitting in front of your computer? Are u sitting upright? Or are u slouching? Take a anti-inflammatory like aleve rather the tylenol cause it will help with any swelling that may be there, even if u do not feel it. Then a heating pad or what not, then when u r feeling better, get a towel and put it on the back of your neck and pull against the back of your neck like u just got out of the gym and at the same time push your head/neck against the towel. Oddly as it sounds, it works real well in relaxing your neck. Then when u are doing, and if u feel like it, then roll your head around to get rid of any excess tension then visa versa. Rolling your head around before u "warm up" ypur neck actually will cause possible injury such as a pulled or strained muscle. It's kinda like u need to warm up your body before u go and run a race.
    I got whip lash long timer ago and I am paying for it now. Also saw it on Dr Oz..
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• May be you are sitting in front of the computer for a very long time. Avoid doing that. Still if the pain remains then consult your orthopaedician...
    AnuMeha

Answer by AnuMeha at 10:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• did u sleep wrong or pick something up wrong? try moving it to loosen the muscle
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 3:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011