I was getting ready to give my son a bath and found a maxi pad on the inside of his underwear, what do I do?

I couldn't help think that we need to lock the bathroom door from now on he is too impressionable. What would you do?

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 7:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• laugh it off and now you have a good blackmail story for when he's older. and yeah lock the door LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 7:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• laugh. the things kids do!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I'd laugh, LOL. I'm guessing since you are bathing him, he really is too young to understand the explanation.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 7:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• it's pretty normal that he's just coping adult behavior. I'd explain that they are not for little boys, just Mom's, and tell him that he shouldn't be touching things that don't belong to him. Take advantage of this teachable moment for sure!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• lmao! This reminds me of the time i went to use the bathroom & there were pads all over the walls in a heart shape lol...dang kids!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Wow, that is funny. I don't know what I would do.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 7:44 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• LOL... I just read this to my DH and he said "at least be happy he's not trying to use a tampon!!" Oh so true!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Laugh and be sure to tell the story 10 years from now when you meet his girlfriend.

My DS told a waitress that i had a bloody pad in my underwear and that meant that i wasn't going to have a baby. We both laughed so hard we were crying.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would have a good laugh and ask him to leave them where they are. Too funny!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Awwe, that's too funny. He doesn't understand. Just laugh it off.

When I was little I called tampons croutons...had no clue.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:47 PM on Mar. 13, 2011