What can I do to help?

Just found out my neighbors, who are also the parents of my 9 yo dd's best friend, separated this weekend. For those of you who have divorced parents - is there anything your friends parents could have done to help? Is there anything they shouldn't have done but did anyway? I divorced my ex, but my kids were so young it just wasn't an issue.

Asked by missanc at 7:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• You may find some good suggestions right here: http://www.helpmealison.com/divorce--childs-needs.html
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The only thing you can do is stay out of it and show no judgement. Wait until he/she comes to you. Def a sad place to be :( GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• And no...no one could have helped my parents. The issue was with them and family nor friends could have any power/influence
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh - I don't want to help the parents! I'm wondering what I could do to help her with her parents divorcing - have her over more often, come up with fun things for the girls to do, etc.?

Comment by missanc (original poster) at 8:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Therapy
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011