Dining room table?

How many tables have you owned? Why did you replace yours?

I have a nice round oak table with 4 matching chairs that we got when we were first starting out. I found it at an antique shop, fell in love with it even though it was more than we wanted to spend, and bought it. It was probably the only "nice" thing we owned at that point, and I am attached to it.

However, we are outgrowing it. LP keeps saying he will make a matching leaf for it, and is handy like that. I will be looking for some matching chairs (or some that come close) in the mean time. Right now it is barely big enough for us, and if we have company, we have to drag out the girls' little fold up chairs and table to make room for others. Plus, we have a baby on the way...not that the high chair can't be pulled up to the table for now.

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 2 i still have my first one in the kitchen that we usually eat at and a new french country dining table that we love but haven't used yet!! ha ha i don't want to get it dirty
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 10:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We have two tables, a dining room and a kitchen - but both seat only four people. I imagine whenever we move (we are planning on it in the next two years) we will upgrade to an 8-person dining table and keep the nicer 4-person for the kitchen if we have space for it.
    angelmommy11

Answer by angelmommy11 at 8:11 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• give it to a close friend or family member that is now starting out. One hand wash the other. It worked for you in your time of need maybe this item willwork for someone also.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 8:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We've had 2 kitchen tables b/c we outgrew the first one. This one seats 8 and we are a family of 7. And then our dining room table was my grandmother's. It's cherry and will seat 8 with the leaf in, but I only have 6 chairs so I'm constantly on the lookout in antique shops for 2 more.

Answer by missanc at 8:16 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Right now we have a dining room table that sits 6. Before that we had a 4 seater but outgrew it so had to upgrade. Love the one we have now but damn is it heavy.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:24 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I have probably had about 5 different dining room tables. The first 4 were all handed down to me and we used them until the legs were really wobbly. Got my first brand new dining room table last year when we got our tax refund. It is beautiful and it sits 6.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 9:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I love round oak tables. The one I have is my first, but it needs to be refinished.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:30 AM on Mar. 14, 2011