How should we tell the kids?! Disneyland!!!

I'm SO excited! Thank you all for your help on my last question! I can't wait to get out there, our reservation is made and our plans are in motion!

The only thing that's left is to tell the kids. We're not going until August so I'd like to take my time and do something FANTASTIC... and not tell them until just before we leave. Any suggestions would be great!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 8:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Travel

• Well, since school starts back at the end of August usually, I'd pull my local store into it! Call whatever store you do your school shopping at, & see if you can set it up with the manager to have your kids called to the front of the store over the loudspeaker. Buy Mickey Mouse (or the kid's favorite character) balloons before hand, & tie a note to them saying "We're going to Disney!" Have the manager give them to the kids! Just see if you can set it up for the day before you leave, at a certain time, & have someone run the ballons to the manager a little while before you go. Then, tell the kids you're going to go ahead & get school supply shopping out of the way, & BAM! They get the surprise of a lifetime. Even if you don't like this one, I hope you figure out something great for them!

KA91

Answer by KA91 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I would not tell them until you are there. It could make the trip less stressful. Since they would be excitable the whole way.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 10:34 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am looking forward to seeing the answers to your question. We are taking DD to Disney World in a couple of years and plan to tell her last minute as a surprise...
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 8:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• do it like the commercial, wait until the morning and say we are going. that would be cool, but i could never keep it a secret that long. lol
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• That's a tough one, I would youtube it and get some ideas or google it. Have fun with it though! And Have a great time on your trip!
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 8:29 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• The first time we ever took our boys to Disneyland (we lived 90 miles away then) We got up early and told them we were going on a trip. We got in the car and played 20 questions with them. By the time they figured it out we werew only 20 minutes from the park. They were so suprised and excited...but I didn't have to watch them bounce off the walls for days before hand. It worked well for us.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:33 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Put a note on each of their pillows, personally for them with their name on an envelpoe, and then inside put a disney gift card or something in it with a little note. :)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 10:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• hands over eyes

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Wake them up the morning you are leaving dressed as Mickey or Minnie.....they will go nuts!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011