Ugh, PLEASE HELP ME!

My son is almost 3months old and up until this week has been eating very well! A few days ago however he has started to refuse his bottles, and has been sucking and chewing on everything! I am to the point that I am going to call his Pediatrician tomorrow because not only is he refusing his bottles but when the bottle touches his lips he screams and cries (and I know the temperature is just fine) . He usually eats every 2-3hrs and now he is skipping a couple feedings and is hysterical! PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHATS GOING ON!...

Alioop0324

Asked by Alioop0324 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like he may be teething. Also, you may want to try to make him fewer bottles, just add more ounces to them.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• it sounds like teething. try putting oragel on his gums a min or so before you give him the bottle. it should help.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• He may be teething which can make some babies not want to eat as much. As my son got older he began to space out his feedings and would occassionally miss a bottle. As long as your baby continues to have plenty of wet/dirty diapers and is gaining weight, there probably is not much to worry about. (but a call to the ped always puts my mind at ease too...lol). Good Luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 9:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Teething. Talk to the ped, but I am sure thats what it is. Try giving teething tablets, but until you get some, give him tylenol to take the edge off. Good luck... Teething is a long process, but keep this in mind, symptoms usually last for only a day or so at a time.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 9:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• yeah im going with teething. Give him some teething rings that have been chilled and baby tylenol and call the pediatrician just to be sure
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Thanks!! Thats what I was thinking it might be, but I was just thinking he was too young to be teething already. Also between these episodes he seems to be absolutely fine. Its crazy!
    Alioop0324

Answer by Alioop0324 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My Doc says that teething starts around four months but it takes another two to four months for the teeth to actually breath through. There's still pressure building in there though. Some babies are even born with teeth! It's rare, but it happens.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yes, he's gotta be teething!
    NicholeWalls

Answer by NicholeWalls at 9:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sounds like he's teething. Try giving him colder bottles. When my kids were teething they like to "chew" on the cold nipple and drink.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 10:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It could be teething or an ear infection, When they suck it hurt's there ear's. My son never ran a fever when he had one I just knew because he would do the same thing, he is 9m old and it's been going on since he was 6 weeks, and this past monday we had tubes done yay!!
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008