Do you think it's funny when your child is rude to other children?

Sometimes when I'm at the park or some play area, there's always a rude kid and sometimes the parents are laughing or bragging about it and it irritates the hell out of me.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 8:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• me too! Thats just oking the bad behavior
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well you can see where those children got it from by looking at their bragging rude parents!
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 8:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• depends on what hes is doing but yes!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 8:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Sometimes i think the lack of social graces among children are amusing but i would never actively support that behavior.

I don't want DS to be rude to anyone so i do my best to coach him through those social situations. I might laugh about it later when i relayed the story to DH but i'd never let it go uninterrupted in public.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No i do not think it's funny i just think of it as bad parenting. Glad my kids aren't like that
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 8:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Absolutely not funny! I think it's SO embarrassing when one of my girls does something rude to another child. I do understand that they're young and may not realize what they're doing is rude, but I always ask my daughter's if that's something they'd want someone to do to them, and when I get the 'no' answer I tell them that's why we don't do it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i hate it my friends children are like that and i quit taking my daughter around them cause she wasnt the one to take it thank god
    jessalyns_momma

Answer by jessalyns_momma at 8:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• If you ignore that kind of behavior when they are young, it explodes and eventually will likely be used on those stupid, neglectful parents. They deserve it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:07 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My son is too young to be rude, but no, I would/will not think it's funny if he ever is. WHY would a parent be proud of that? They should be embarrassed!
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:48 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Nope, bad behavior is completely unacceptable. I did let her get away with pushing a bully down once, though...she 'karate chopped' the kid...it was awesome!
    the_kimmers

Answer by the_kimmers at 10:10 PM on Mar. 13, 2011