Does your dh/so have a friend that you just cant stand?

my dh does. he is so childish and if it were up to me my dh would never see him again. he loves to drink and party. he stole a wheel chair from a store and thought it was hilarious. now he wants my husband to go out with him for a drink one night. is it bad of me to not want him to go?

newlife627

Asked by newlife627 at 8:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• No.... not at all, those types of friends are always trouble. Remind your husband to be leary that he is married now and can not afford to live like a child.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• no you just need to aproach it the right way
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 8:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• My dh doesn't have friends like that. We are surrounded by good people.
    Anonymous

• My DH doesn't have a friend that I really like at all.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 8:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Uggh my DH has this friend who is a complete lame ass! He drinks and smokes weed, he constantly cheats on his wife....I HATE him and I wish he would get out of my husbands life but....unfortunatly I can't pick hubby's friends...although I would if I could lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No. Now, coworkers - YES. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:01 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• YEEEESSSSSS!! But what can you do? One of them he is no longer friends with because i told him he needed to end it for obvious reasons. The majority of them i really like.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:05 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• He has brothers that I can't stand.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 9:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I wouldn't call them friends. Drinking buddies, coworkers and yes, I can't stand them. I know my DH is a grown man but a bad influence is still a bad influence. I don't think it's wrong to not want your DH to hang around immature, selfish, criminal idiots. Unfortunately, if your DH actually counts a loser like this as a friend, it's unlikely anything you say will result in him not going and will probably make him angry with you. I've had this talk more than once and finally have all but given up. I made it known though that any trouble mine gets into, he's on his own. I don't bail anyone out of jail for DUI's, theft or anything else. And we'd likely not be here when and if he got out.
    Anonymous

• Yes. This so called friend is a meth head that credits my husband for his clean/sober behavior now. I don't buy it in the least. The friend also has no idea WHY I don't like him even though I've made it perfectly clear to my husband why.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:34 PM on Mar. 13, 2011