What do you use to clean your baby's hand/face?

I've been using the pampers wipe and rinse with warm water, but recently my 3 month old has a lot of rashes on his face and eye infection. He sucks on his fingers a lot and he rub his eye with his hand so I wanted to make sure his hands are clean. What do you use to clean their hand? If you use soap what brand?

Also, I'm using the bounce drier sheet, does that cause rashes on his body? Do you use any sheets to dry your cloth, if so what brand?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 9:00 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can purchase the very soft baby washcloths. I would only use these...Also, use a baby detergent like dreft or All free and clear and bathe the baby with a hypoallergenic baby cleanser that you mix with water like Johnson's. Good luck.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 9:06 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• it very well could stop useing the thing you think can cause it for a couple of weeks and see if the rashes go away. in the mean time use just water or go get some hypo alergetic soaps or soaps ment for sensitive baby skin and see if that works. and it may be more exspensive but there are wipe out there that are also ment for sensitve skin
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I use baby wash cloths and baby wash to wash hands and face. I also do not use dryer sheets. I use Arm and Hammer Free. This was recommended to me by a dermatologist when my older son had skin issues when he was a baby. I use the dryer balls to get rid of static cling.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Fabric softeners are pretty harsh. They can and do cause rashes.

I wash faces with wipes but I use cloth diapers and wipes and make my wipe solution with warm water and a bit of baby bath soap. My wipes are 2 layers of flannel so they're super soft - sometimes I dry them in the dryer but I typically line dry them.

When my son was in diapers, I hadn't switched to cloth diapering and I made his wipes from bounty paper towels for cooking - but you could use any paper towels you wanted... cut the roll in half then pull the core out from the center of the roll - make the solution from 2c warm water, 2T baby soap of your choice and 1t of baby oil of choice. Store in an airtight container - pull the wipes up from the center of the roll.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I use a washcloth and her regular washing soap to clean her hands and face.And for washing her clothes I use Seventh Generation Baby or sometimes Dreft.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Try discontinuing the dryer sheets for a few loads, and see if it makes a difference. Then try them once more, and see if there are any changes.
    I don't recommend baby detergents, I think they're a waste of money. Especially if your child has sensitive skin, because they have fragrance, and I think possibly a dye (not sure about the dye though). I use free and clear detergent, the brand varies based on which one is on sale at that time.
    I always use Huggies baby wipes for hands and face when needed, but I would try a washcloth and warm water, just to see if it made any difference.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:21 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Is it eczema? My DD had it when she was first born and the pediatrician said to use Tide free n clear and no dryer sheets and also vaseline her from head to toe underneath her pjs......the eczema cleared up within a week and we now have been eczema free for 5 months ~ she wil be 8 months on the 3/26
    Peggs11

Answer by Peggs11 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• oh and for rashes vitamin E oil works wonders
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 1:07 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oh, also, if you don't want to stop using the dryer sheets, I've recently found that they make free and clear dryer sheets too! Even free and clear liquid fabric softener.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 12:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Tide makes "free" liquid detergent that I used for a little. I use regular tide and regular dryer sheets, and my daughter hasn't reacted. With her face and hands, I use non-scented wipes (I've used Kirkland, Parent's Choice, and Huggie's).
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 8:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011