Can we please have the option to edit our answers?

Just a thought, it would be nice! I do the one handed typing thing when I've got a baby in my lap and sometimes make mistakes and rather than typing out another comment to correct myself it'd be convenient if I could just edit my original comment.

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 9:18 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in About CafeMom

• A very good idea as i am not a good typist or proof -reader ! I have a computer cat to contend with as well.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:22 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• clapping Oh yeah, I've wished for this for a long time. It's so irritating to look back at my answer and realize I made mistakes while typing.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:09 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• bump! I don't know how many times I type my answers, spell check it, then post it only to find numerous spelling/grammar mistakes.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Hmmm I have to say that No I don't see the potential for mayhem...but I also don't usually see all the grammatical and spelling errors that I've made until it's too late lol...I think being able to edit our answers is a good idea
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Honestly, the mayhem I see comes from people coming on, purposely saying something to stir up trouble or to be mean... then go back delete (or edit) to cover their rear-end, and try to escape any backlash from it.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• The same could be said for people editing questions, but that's still an option we have.

And it's an option we had to beg for for 4 years to get.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:26 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• How is the ability to edit my own answer a potential for mayhem? I fail to see your point.

Because you could say whatever you wanted to piss someone off, and after they reply, completely change what you wrote to make it look like they were outright attacking you for no reason. Now imagine that feature in the debate sections (or this one, which is slowly transforming more into the bitch moan piss and whine section instead of questions about how to use the site)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:27 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Unfortunately NP is right about this. I don't doubt that you wouldn't use it for evil but the pot stirrers can and will. To use your example, people can and do delete their answers for exactly that purpose. Why give them another tool to troll. I would like the option myself but I don't see it being a good thing for the section as a whole. If it is that important to you though, don't post it here where it will be overlooked, send a contact us message.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 11:35 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• "Use the full editor, that is what it is there for. "

And for those of us who have the full editor turned off?
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:40 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I never use full editor. But it should be automatic not an option. Good question though.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:38 AM on Mar. 14, 2011