What do you think

i watch my next door neighbors kids and i am due in may i am planing on taking a couple of weeks of after my son is born and i originaly wanted to breast feed but know with the other kids and use being out all the time it may be a little hared.

so i was thinking i could breast feed when we are at home and the hole time that i have off but then when i get the kids back when we are out i will bottle feed. then he still gets the nutrition from me but im not woried about not having enogh

or should i just bottle feed will the flip flop be a bad idea

blinkys11

Asked by blinkys11 at 9:23 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The idea you have isn't a bad one, but I wouldn't make any decisions now. Personally, I would start off nursing, and take it from there. When you start working again, you can decide THEN what route is best for your family. You may find that you don't mind nursing even while out, or you may decide that it works better for you to be able to bottle feed while on the go. You may decide you want to pump for those bottles, or you might find that formula works for your schedule. In any case, just go with it and see what happens, you can even decide things on a day to day basis. You might even find that baby refuses a bottle, and prefers to only nurse. You never know how you, or baby will feel at that time.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• When dd was born, we were houseparents at a childcare facility and had 20 teen boys living with us. I was determined to breast feed her but didn't want to feed her around the kids or while we were in public.... pumping wasn't successful for me so she would have formula supliments with a bottle closest to a natural nipple I could find... she was fine with it and I wasn't nervous or stressing because of people being around. I nursed her about 75-80% of the time and gave bottles the rest.

Good luck and congrats on your little one! :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 9:30 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It may be confusing for the baby to go from breast to bottle. I suggest just pumping all together. He still gets the antibodies and nutrients from mom but you don't have the awkward hassle of getting privacy to feed him/her. And if there's a day you're dry or just not getting much, you definitely have milk for your baby.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 9:28 PM on Mar. 13, 2011