Can you get a flat tummy again after a c section?

my daughter is four wks old I gained 55 i've lost 30 so far but am afraid even if i lose the rest my tummy will never get flat again cuz of the way they cut me

robinclements86

Asked by robinclements86 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• sure can just excersize ... i had 2 c sections and im 110 :).. with my kids i gained more then 55 lbs... if i can do it im sure u can
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Absolutely you can get your pretty flat tummy back! I've had 6 kids, the third and sixth were c-secs, and my tummy is as flat as it was when I was 16. Just watch your weight (nothing NOTHING beats losing weight for flattening the tummy) and try simple exercises that get your metabolism going, like jogging or skipping or cycling, as well as sit-ups if you really want to target the tummy muscles. I don't work out, but I do ride a pushbike everywhere we go (my youngest rides in a little seat on the back).
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• did they cut you vertical?? If they gave you the bikini line cut then yes, depending on how stretched out your skin is, you can have flat tummy again. Were you overweight before?? it all depends on your muscles though. Sometimes the abdominal muscles tear vertically (mine did)..the only way to get those back together is to have an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) they don't do back together on their own. and if the skin was too stretched out, most of it can go back, but not all.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Yup I did without any exercise at all.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 9:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I had my first two babies naturally and the third baby was a C. I now have a bit of extra skin below the navel that i never had before. I have done all kinds of exercises but it won't go away. I think it is from the incision.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Well if they did a bikini cut it shouldn't matter. I've had 2 c sections and you have to keep in mind that for about a month or more afterwards your uterus is still swollen and will take some time to get back to the way it was because it also has to move back down to where it originally started before getting pregnant.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oh, and by the way, I had Gestatonal Diabetes and gained around 50 lbs with each pregnancy. I'm also now 110 lbs.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 9:40 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i was small before i got pregnant 135(which is small for my body) my stomach was really flat i did have a bikini cut i know it's only been four weeks and i gotta be patient i just always thought w/a section i might get stuck w/extra flaps ya know? but it is very nice to hear ppl say they got small again! i hope i do. i was 193 at my highest and today was 160
    robinclements86

Comment by robinclements86 (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Sure can!! I also gained 55lbs on a 4'11" frame...wasn't pretty! lol I lost it all plus 15 more and now have a flat stomach and working on my 6 pack. I also had lost 30lbs by 4 weeks, but then after that the weight loss dramatically slowed down and I got stuck hanging on to the last 15lbs for about a year. I had to start working out and watching what I ate (I counted calories) to lose the rest of my weight.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Absolutely!
    Number.1.Mom

Answer by Number.1.Mom at 11:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011