HOW IS IT THAT SO MANY MOMS TRY TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN OFF TO SCHOOL AS EARLY AS 3 YEARS OF AGE?

Why are moms sending their 3 year olds off to all day school at such early ages. Then complain that the teachers don't take good care of them? This is still a baby they should be home with mom. If mom worked then a good day care. This is to young to be sent to and from school on a county school bus. Other children from ages up to 18 years of age..If you can't take care of the child why have them now,wait until you are financially stable, This is not for some of the special circumstances,sometimes things just can't be helped. I am talking to moms who BY CHOICE send their child to school just so you don't have to take care of them.Because you have to have -- ME time,so mom can go to the gym,lay around on her butt,kids get on her nerves,those moms.YOU know who you are.....

momofquinncruz

Asked by momofquinncruz at 9:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• In a way I agree with you. Although I did put my son in pre-school at three it was only half day twice a week. I did it though because at the time he was an only child and he had always been at home with me. I wanted to get him used to being away and give him some socialization.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 9:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Some people believe it will help their child be smarter later on and be more social. My 2 oldest boys went to school when they were 4 and not hey did not ride a bus. It was only for a few hours a day but I did it because they are such mamas boys that I wanted to get them use to the idea of being away a little bit before they HAD to be in school by law. It killed me to send them to school but in all honesty that is the ONLY time they were ever away from me.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• BTW even though I sent my 2 oldest to school at 4 I still had 1 at home at all times. When my oldest was 4 my second child was 2 1/2. Then when my middle child was 4 I was about to have my DD LOL. I am still not sure what alone time means but I hear it is great!!!
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• In my state Ga. at 3 years old moms can send the 3 year old on the county bus to school all day long...from 7am til 4pm. Same bus as 18 years old ride. Why would any mom send their child off like that? The ME time I hear about is, I'm so stressed I need ME time for a hot bath, relax, nap, whatever..I though it was in the rules when you become a mom you gave the ME up for MOM title?
    momofquinncruz

Answer by momofquinncruz at 9:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• When my oldest was four years old, I enrolled him in preschool. He attended school for five hours a day, four days a week. I was a stay at home mom, and very financially stable.

Why did I do it? Because I my youngest son was going through hours and hours and hours of therapy, surgeries, and hospitalizations at the time, so not only did it help me out a LOT, it also gave my oldest son a chance to socialize with children his own age. His younger brother was only three years younger than him, but he had a lot of other problems. Do I regret it? Not at all. It helped prepare my son for kindergarten the following year and he had a lot of fun in preschool.
    crdc91506

Answer by crdc91506 at 9:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I sent my first two children to school when they were 3. with my first it was the only interaction with other kids that he got since hubby and I switched being the stay at home parent. with my second, he was so determined and in need of stimulation that it was recommended for him to go. I sent them to head start and not just a regular preschool.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 9:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I drive my three year old to preschool twice a week and each day he is there for two hours. I wanted him in preschool for socialization and to have friends. His older brother is in school now and his sister is too young for him to play with. He loves it and I love to hear about his two hours away from me. I also put my older son in the same preschool for the same reasons.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Answered at 8:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 by: momofquinncruz
    momof...
    In my state Ga. at 3 years old moms can send the 3 year old on the county bus to school all day long...from 7am til 4pm. Same bus as 18 years old ride. Why would any mom send their child off like that? The ME time I hear about is, I'm so stressed I need ME time for a hot bath, relax, nap, whatever..I though it was in the rules when you become a mom you gave the ME up for MOM title?

WOW I do not think I could send my 3 year old on a bus!! And yes I gave up the ME time for MOMMY time that is just the way it works.....I thought........
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• can you people read she said not talking to the moms with a reason..surgeries and hospitalization good reasons. Now mom with 3 year olds dad or mom at home yet you can't stimulate him? Either of you couldn't interact with your child at age 3 so you send them off to head start? Do you realize he will be out of your hair and in school for 15 years? A good parent should be able to stimulate and interact with a 3 year old...What in the world did you do with the baby the first 2 years? I'm seeing bad things.......
    Anonymous

• Do you know many moms like this? I don't, but I do see plenty of SAHM's that refuse to send their children to daycare or prek because they don't want someone else to "raise their kid" but yet they sit on their butts on cafemom all day! Yea, I'm sure you know quite a few. Moms often forget that "quality" time isn’t interchangeable with “quantity" of time.
    And for the mom that said becoming a mom means giving up the ME for the mom title, I feel sorry for anyone that thinks like that. Being the best mom you can be means making yourself a priority.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2008