Cold @ 34 weeks prego and wisdom teeth growing in :X

What did you guys take for a cold while you are pregnant or if pregnant, what was recommended? My nose goes in between being REALLY stuffy to dry and sore plus a cough. THEN, my wisdom teeth are growing in right now and I'm in extreme pain from that. Fun... everything just has to happen at once... my house has been a disaster the past couple days in result of it. Any recommendations welcomed!!

soulmeetsbody19

Asked by soulmeetsbody19 at 9:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I feel your pain. Get in touch with your doctor and they may be able to perscribe something for the wisdom tooth pain. I swear evertime I get pregnant my wisdom teeth try to make more of an appearance in my mouth, I don't get it. As far as your cold, here are some things I was given the ok to use (check with your doctor first though) 25 mg of benedryl, sctifed 1/2 tablet every 3-4 hours, chlorphebiramine 4 mg, phseudoephedrine 30 mg (suddafed, saline nose spray (ocean, AYR)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Oops sctifed is supposed to be actifed, darn brain is working faster than my fingers today.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 9:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Amber is right about the wisdom teeth acting up in pregnancy. I have had them come in and out during all of my pregnancies, and my doctor said that is completely normal. However, he and my dentist both say that the pain, especially extreme pain, is from infection and will put me on antibiotics. I, personally, think that a sharp hard object poking through your innocent soft tissue is enough to cause pain, but I listen and take the antibiotics. LOL!

For the cold, my doctor has always said regular sudafed only, however has recently expanded to saying tylenol cold and sinus was okay.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:25 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i can only take "tylenol" products due to my heart condition, and have taken cold, sinus, etc with all 3 of my ladies... and i agree with the saline nasal spray.
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You poor thing! Sudafed (the regular one) is okay to take while pregnant. Otherwise, Tylenol for the pain. Hang in there, mama!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I did Chlor-Trimeton during the day and Benadryl at night.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2011