Seeking the experience of others...

I have an 11 week old son (3 weeks adjusted), attend school full time getting my masters in nursing (online), and have a hubby and house to take care of. Soon I will be going back to work very part time (no more than 1 day a week).

I am struggling with getting myself and my DS on a schedule of some sorts. Any suggestions????

I have started using my crock pot more, so that takes care of some of the meals. My DH is awesome and helps with the housework if I ask (and on his own too). DS is going through a stretch of growth spurts and is eating like crazy, different amounts at different time intervals and he has no predictable sleep pattern....

ElenaC419

Asked by ElenaC419 at 9:46 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You're doing the right things. Baby will set his own schedule. And change it often.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:51 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Well I have a 3 year old, a 3 month old, a husband, house to take care of, and work from home doing daycare so I understand completely. It just takes some time figuring out a routine that works. Sleep wise for the baby usually they say when the baby reaches between 11-13lbs they start sleeping better and through the night which my daughter does. But she is also going through a growth spurt. I would try and designate certain days to doing housework. Like 3 maybe 4 days of the week and alternate them to do laundry and dishes and cleaning. Also when baby is about 2 months is when they start to establish a better routine so once you find it try and stick with it. GL.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 9:52 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• 11 weeks is early to have a set schedule. My daughter will be 6 months next month, and we're just getting into a sleeping schedule; she still eats when she pleases. I work full time, and go to school full time online. My husband is in VA for Army training. Do what you need to do, and don't fret so much about having a set schedule. My daughter has been sleeping thru the night since 2 months, and just started getting into a real schedule (usually between 8/9pm to 7/8/9am). She still has sleepless nights, like last night...I worked til 10 and when I got home (she was there with a sitter) she was still up, and stayed up til about 230am =/
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 8:52 PM on Mar. 14, 2011