If u keep going back n forth about continuing to stay with someone. Does that normally mean u really want to leave the relationship?

aprilrb81

Asked by aprilrb81 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Relationships

• my experience with this is: you already know the answer before you ever asked the question. Listen to yourself.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I agree with Elena. The reason i did it was because I had trouble with commitment. Just a nougat to chew on
    tmrose03

Answer by tmrose03 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• It ,might just be that you are scared.. I get the same way because I think i'd rather leave then be left. It's a terrible defense tactic that i have always had. Only you know the REAL reason. It took me a while to realize that I was just scared of forever. Take a minute and really make a pros and cons list and see if you REALLY want to go, or are you just nervous? Good luck!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think sometimes it's an ebb and flow, but if everything is fine and normal and you feel that way it's probably not right. I felt this way often with my last boyfriend, he was a really great guy and I couldn't come up with a logical reason to leave. Eventually we broke up and after a couple weeks I was relieved. I'm with a guy now and I've never thought about leaving him. It feels amazing to be so happy.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 9:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No. It indicates ambivalence.

You might want to take a look at this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Good-Leave-Stay-Step-Step/dp/0452275350
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:31 PM on Mar. 13, 2011