I have a stupid question, please don't laugh :)

I have seen some of the mamas on here talk about co sleeping. What do you mean by that? Please don't laugh, but I truly do not know exactly what that means.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in General Parenting

• Most commonly, people use the term cosleeping to mean when your child sleeps in your bed with you. Technically, co sleeping means sleeping in close proximity to baby, -in a bassinet next to your bed, in your bed, in a bedside cosleeper, etc- and bedsharing means sleeping in the same bed with your child.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• We co-sleep. My 2 year old shares our bed with us. Co-sleeping also means sharing a room with your child (but not necessarily the bed).
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i think its where the kids sleep with them ....
    tweetyfan

Answer by tweetyfan at 10:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Co sleeping can either be your child sleeping in the same bed as you or the same room as you.
    Some are more specific.
    Co sleeping: same room
    Bed sharing: same bed
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:39 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• co-sleeping, as i understand it, is when ur child sleeps with u in ur bed. i did it with my first son from the night i brought him home from the hospital until he was about 4 or so. i was single tho so no spouse to object. but when i did meet someone and we moved in together it was hard to keep my son out of our bed but eventually we did it. hes 7 now and never asks anymore. that closeness was great while i lasted but anyways, thats what co cleeping is. :)
    zachnsalsmommy

Answer by zachnsalsmommy at 10:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• Thank you for clearing that up for me. I was thinking it meant sleeping in the same bed, but wasn't sure. Oops didn't mean to go annoymous. Amber1330
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• There bed is ither in your room where you sleep or they sleep with you in your bed
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:29 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• when kids are coddled and never learn independant sleeping..... sorry that was rude of me, but it is so true in MOST situations
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:25 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That's funny JoLee...all my kids sleep independently except the 2 year old...wonder how that happened????
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:36 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Sae room or same bed
    BUTTERFLY463

Answer by BUTTERFLY463 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 14, 2011