I broke open my pregnancy test

wellll,

ive taken 6 tests. and all i saw a light pos, so i broke the test open ( i know dumb) haha and it was positive, ) i actually did it with all the tests...

so my ? is, would my opening the test affect it, why would i get positives, (the same color)

AMANDABABY22

Asked by AMANDABABY22 at 10:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• congratulations, I think
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• could be an evap line, depending on when you took the test...
    but i would say congrats as well!
    asil

Answer by asil at 1:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Could be evap lines. Were the tests digital? If so, they'll all have lines because the inside stick of a digital test and an ovulation test are the same. So, they have 3 line spots, not 2. One line is control. One is for measuring LH. One is for measuring HCG. One reason digital tests can be so darn confusing. If they aren't digital, then they are more likely to be correct. I'd wait a couple days and retest again, just to get a good, clear reading. http://www.peeonastick.com/
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• they were not digital.

well the story is,
    right after i was done peeing, not even a sec after, i swore i saw the line! so im stupid, and i opened the test to get a better look, after a sec BOOM the line was there perfect.
    AMANDABABY22

Comment by AMANDABABY22 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• it measures the hcg level so, no, I don't think breaking it open will change the hcg level in the urine.....I think you're good =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 7:45 PM on Mar. 14, 2011