• In the Spotlight:

Why does everyone

make natural birth seem like it hurts alot more then it really does i had my son natural i took showers i sat down in a squat and before i knew it he was born that was the worst part but other then that it was fine i hate when people are like get pain medicine i did with my first felt nothing at all i hated it so i went natural and i loved yeah im not going to sugarcoat it does hurt but you can do stuff to work through the pain like i did

devlynsmommy08

Asked by devlynsmommy08 at 10:50 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's different for everyone. Different people have different tolernces and thresholds of pain, as well as different ways of pain management.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:53 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• not all labor is the same!!! my entire labor was naturally painless. my contractions were annoying, never painful. some women have contractions so strong they can't even think straight after them. EVERY labor is different.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I tried to do it natural but when it hit the 24 hour mark and nothing was happening I let them give me something. The second one came to fast for anything to be given to me.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:54 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I agree it was painful, but I made it through just fine both times :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 10:55 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• No thank you. I was in tears from the pain. My epi took the edge off. I could still feel contractions, but they were more like cramps then the agony I was in before. Plus my labor was 22+ hours. After that long, I would not have had the strength to push my DD out.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think it's because everyone is different everyones body is different and everyone has a different tolerance for pain. I had an UNPLANNED natural birth and had no idea what to expect. I had to lay still, had oxygen on me and people yelling that my baby was in danger if i didn't push, i could not have ANY local meds to ease ANY pain, nothing, it was terrible! It hurt bad! Bad BAD... Did i live.. Yes, would i have another child yes. Was it the worse pain i ever felt in my life, YES YES YES.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• i'll admit it, I asked for an epidural immediately after my first contraction with my first son [then again I was 17 and scared out of my mind] and about an hour into my 2nd. everyone has a different tolerance for pain [i apparently have zero] and the pain feels different. i wouldnt object to having natural birth with my next delivery but who knows....i did get some much needed sleep during my two deliveries.
    zachnsalsmommy

Answer by zachnsalsmommy at 10:58 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I think it's ridiculous for ANYONE to judge ANYONE else on their labor or the way they handle things. Every pregnancy and every birth is different for every person. Who are any of us to judge another for the choices they make for their birth plan? Thank heavens we have that choice. My sister felt hardly any pain at all and made it through just fine without anything. I, however ,had so much pain, I couldn't even breath through it anymore let alone have ANY strength to make it through so I had epidural. Both babies completely and perfectly healthy. Both births were absolutely amazing and both momma's completely happy. I think everyone should be able to have the right to choose what they want to have, in order to make their birth as beautiful and special as they want, with or without pain.
    Brittany1286

Answer by Brittany1286 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• um after being induced cause of high blood pressure and sitting at 2 cm for 15 hours of the worse pain i have ever felt in my life the epi was a life saver. it made it so my body could relax and i could dilate and yes i was forty weeks at the time. And the pain was worse then any of my c sections.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 11:17 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• well good for you.. but everyone labors differently, and everyone has a different threshold for pain tolerance. I had 2 epi's... b/c before I had them I could NOT even think straight, nor was I clear enough to control what was happening. Once the epi's kicked in I was in full charge of my labor, and not having a freaken out of body experience!!! Best not to judge until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes!!!!!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:42 PM on Mar. 13, 2011