immunizations? is this normal?

my 5 month old just got her first immunizations on thursday, its now sunday, she is still really fussy. she does not have a fever or any other symptoms but i was wondering if this is normal and if it is how long will it last? btw i know she is late on them i had issues with my insurance company and doctors office.

h_anne88

Asked by h_anne88 at 9:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• people will say thats normal, but was your baby fussing and crying a lot BEFORE getting the shots?

im assuming not since you are posting this, so its obviously out of character for her.

i hope it is nothing extreme or gets worse or anything. good luck
    Anonymous

• The first time my boy got his shots there was a few days of fussiness, his legs was very sore. All his others have gone great though.
    Anonymous

• no she is a really happy baby she only really fusses at night, but now after shots its all day long, i was wondering maybe she is just in pain from the injection site? no swelling or bruising, but that is the only thing coming to mind.
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It could last about seven days sometimes up to 10 days.
    MiryamSchechter

Answer by MiryamSchechter at 9:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• yeah it could be injection site, or it could be the horrible ingredients that was injected into her blood stream as well. :( i hope she gets better!
    Anonymous

• My kids have always been late for their shots and I prefer to space them out so I do not think that is the issue. The main thing I do when they get their shots is exercise their legs. Push their legs in and out like they are sitting and standing and rub them with lotion (like a massage) My kids never had problems with getting them. My sister on the other hand that told me I was crazy for how I handled it had tons of problems with her kids after shots lol.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Depending on what shots she got they area they placed them in could still be a bit sore. She could also be in the early stages of teething. I just got my tetanus/diphtheria/whooping couch booster on Friday morning and it's still sore (it's Sunday night!). I agree with imtheonlysane1, exercise her legs and rub them a little. Your doc should have told you how much Tylenol (or other pain reliever) you can give her for pain.
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 10:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• ya they told me about tylenol but is it still ok for her to have tylenol 3 days later?
    h_anne88

Answer by h_anne88 at 10:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yeah my son was fine for the first two days or so after his first set of shots and then by day 3 he started getting fussy and that lasted another 4 or 5 days. He gets his second set next week so we'll see how it goes!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• yes. My daughter gets a temp. of 101-102 for almost three days. Extreamly fussy too.
    Nikkisabella

Answer by Nikkisabella at 10:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008