My boston is licking everything

and its driving me up the wall. She licks the furniture, our bedding off of 4 different beds, the floor, the kids' toys, our clothing, herself, the air, her kennel when i put it her in it so I don't have to listen to it.morning, midmorning, noon, afternoon,evenings, in the middle of the night.
We have not change anything. She can only eat one kind of dog food or she pukes all over the place. She has fresh water every day and every other day I run her dishes though the diswasher.
Please help before I pull my hair out.

mommawombat

Asked by mommawombat at 9:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pets

• Try a taste deterent like BitterApple
    jmdelan2

Answer by jmdelan2 at 4:27 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Have your vet take a look at her.You need to rule out a medical problem first.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 5:38 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• a Boston Terrier? Is that what you have? If so you better get use to it.. I've had three boston terriers and that is just something that they do. One of my old ones loved an Aunts Makeup on her face.. He would always lick it all off.. Finally she didnt wear any make up to our house LOL I think they lick as a stress reducer.. maybe it relaxes them. I would just ignore it, You can't spray BitterApple on everything in your house! And if you dog can tolerate peanut butter.. Put some in its mouth.. that will keep your dog entertained!!! (maybe even entertain you too LOL)
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 9:37 PM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Yep, Bostons are lickers. Have you tried something like a Kong filled with peanut butter (don't know if she could handle it). I fill the kong with PB and then freeze them so they last longer. How long have you had her?
    Anonymous