Could my 2 year old be lactose intolerant? Maybe TMI

my son is 2 and in the past 1.5 weeks he has had wattery poop then it started to get a little solid... when i changed him this morning he had a tiny hard piece and then the rest of the day its all wattery... no milk durning the night just water... im not sure whats going on... we are going to call the doc in the morning.... he does not have a fever or rash or anything... but what do you think about this? could it come out of no where?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 11:38 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't think that he would be considered lactose intolerant based just off of his poops. It is probably nothing but if you are really concerned def call the docs that's what they're there for. GL.
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 11:43 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• He could be constipation.. Is he gassy? My 20 month old DD has this a lot...The water is most likely from him trying to pass the gas around the hard stool...you child's doctor will be able to tell you what you can do to get thing's moving.. If your toddler is lactose intolerant, he may have diarrhea, abdominal cramping, bloating, or gas about 30 minutes to two hours after eating or drinking dairy products or after breastfeeding.
    newbabystarr09

Answer by newbabystarr09 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i doubt its that, it wouldn't set in this late without prior signs.

it's probably either diaherra or constipation.. you're doctor can talk more about his diet with you and find out
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I do not so. It sounds normal. Sometimes they just get tummy troubles.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• We had to switch my DS to Lactaid once he hit 1 because of this same issue. He had issues as a baby, though, too-had to have the Soy formula.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:52 AM on Mar. 14, 2011