Pilates Instructors!

Is anyone here a Pilates Instructor? How did you go about getting certification, and what steps did you have to take to get to where you are? Would you recommend others to your field?

TsMommy428

Asked by TsMommy428 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm not a pilates instructor.....but I am studying to become a certified personal trainer and a certified nutrition and wellness consultant. Typically you can take a coarse through one of the associations and then take the examination. Many gym's prefer certification through the AFPA but there are others out there.

The AFPA does offer quite a few different certification programs including certified pilates instructor level 1 and level 2. You can view their programs and info at their site: http://afpafitness.com/
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Pilates is not patented, so it's not required to get a certification. If you need certification for a certain job requirement, I recommend the American Fitness Association of America: www.afaa.com. They do group exercise training, personal trainer certification, as well as CEU credits. The prices are super reasonable and they have classes all over the US. Good luck.
    heatherhall88

Answer by heatherhall88 at 12:46 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am not, but good luck to you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:32 PM on Mar. 14, 2011