My 2 year old still does not sleep through the night, is this normal?

he turned 2 in december and still does not sleep through the night and usually wants something to drink... is this normal?

jaksonsmommy

Asked by jaksonsmommy at 11:56 PM on Mar. 13, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my DD didn't sleep thru the night until she was almost 4... doc said it was normal for her!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• for some kids, yes...My oldest niece was 3 before she slept all night.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't know if it's "normal" but my little girl turned two last September and she has never ever slept a night through. She wakes up looking to nurse at least once, often twice, a night.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My 5 year old rarely sleeps through the night...he gets up to pee and then ends up wandering around the house! My 3 year old has never slept the night through.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My son just turned 7 and it took him years to be able to sleep through the night. To this day he's still not a very good sleeper. It just may be the way your daughter is.
    02_Grey_Mustang

Answer by 02_Grey_Mustang at 12:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• its just stressful to have to get up every night with my little boy and try to keep him sleepy
    jaksonsmommy

Comment by jaksonsmommy (original poster) at 12:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My daughter is almost 2 and she still wakes up in the middle of the night. It sucks but we will get to the point where she sleeps all night.
    tnvplus2

Answer by tnvplus2 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• for some kids it is.. mine slept through the night at two months..both of them..
    my nephew is 3 and still doesn't sleep through the night
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It is normal. Hang in there :)
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• what i do is keep a sippy cup in my 2yr olds bed bc it became a habit where she wanted something to drink id have to get up get her and hold her while she drank. So if the water is right with them when they sleep you dont have to worry about that. Just let them know its with them at bed time. I started doing that with my 14 mo old too and she just drinks it when she is thirsty and falls back to sleep. either way, don't take them out of bed. They will fall back to sleep
    MoonPixie

Answer by MoonPixie at 12:30 PM on Mar. 14, 2011