Why am I so tired all the time?

I sleep fairly well at night. But I can sleep until noon! Then I am still tired. If I get up at 8 I am still tired. I don't know why! I work all the time and I have 2 kids. HELP!!!!!

Katie911

Asked by Katie911 at 11:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Health

• It could be one of several things. It could be depression, or thyroid dysfunction. It could be chronic fatigue syndrome. It could also be some sort of sleep dysfunction - such as obstructive sleep apnea, for example. Fatigue is a frequent symptom, and could be indicative of a myriad of physical disorders. If fatigue persists for over two weeks, despite sleeping adequately every night, (and by adequate, I mean 7-8 hours of uninterrupted sleep) I would strongly recommend that you speak with your doctor. Are you going to bed at the same time every night and getting up at the same time every day? Having a set sleep schedule (even on the weekends) helps tremendously. It could also be that you are overworked and need some time off to recharge your batteries!
    RCrohn

Answer by RCrohn at 11:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• You have 2 kids!! that is the answer! No seriously, fatique can be a sign of some pretty serious conditions..talk with your doctor.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• your over tiered.try to relax.you may have a thyroid problem,speak to your doc
    weeniegeorge

Answer by weeniegeorge at 11:36 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I was that way too, So I went to my doctor and my B-12 level was way low. Now i'm taking B-12 shots and it has helped. You should call the doctor and ask.
    carrirocks

Answer by carrirocks at 11:37 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Nutrition may play a roll, and the over all stress you are under may play a roll as well. IMO
    sewsewbusy

Answer by sewsewbusy at 11:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Stress, depression, and the fact that having 2 kids makes you exhausted! Talk to your doctor, they might prescribe you an anti depressant that can help!
    CandaceHalfhill

Answer by CandaceHalfhill at 11:54 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Have your dr. check your iron levels. My iron tends to dip at times and when I have extreme fatigue when I shouldn't be tired it is because my iron is low.
    jfreesNish

Answer by jfreesNish at 12:09 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I get that way, been that way pretty much since jr. high years back. I had sleep disorder that wouldn't intrupt my sleep restless leg movement and I had messed up sleep cycles like r.e.m. It could also be depression or perhaps stress.. I know at current I have anxiety about things and even if I get a good night sleep I end up zombified all day every day no matter if its 8 hours of sleep or 14. My mother also has something simillar, she never woke feeling awake she went threw her days being zombified and found out with a sleep study that her body and mind actually need 10-12 hours of sleep each night unbroken, no light and ear plugs. becuase any little sound can disrupt your cycle as can light. It could be anemia, or other sorces of things, But I would bring that up to your doc and see what comes out of it.
    TwistedMalice

Answer by TwistedMalice at 1:20 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• WELL, BESIDES SOME OF THE THINGS WE HAVE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT A FEW DAYS AGO, I ALSO KNOW WHEN STARTED TAKING VITAMINS..ITS ALSO STARTED HELPING ME WITH SOME OF MY TIREDNESS....HANG IN THERE!!!
    momofmn

Answer by momofmn at 4:23 PM on Jun. 19, 2008