I'm new to the area, just moved from Maine, and I need to find a loving day care for my son, does anyone know of any places that aren't terribly expensive, and are safe and loving??

My son was in a home day care back in Maine that was owned by two very good friends of ours so I'm very nervous to start over. It's so scary and overwhelming, I feel at times my head is dipping below water and it's all I can do to keep treading water. Please please send some advice!

pixiemom214

Asked by pixiemom214 at 9:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• Where did you move to? You only told where you moved from.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• There is a Home Daycare Providers group on here,and a lot of really great women. I would check there to see who is in your area.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 10:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• where do you live?
    Nikkisabella

Answer by Nikkisabella at 10:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• It depends on where you live and how old your son is. I struggled with daycares until my children reached the age of 5. I was very lucky to learn of a before and after school program put on by the City Parks and Recreation Department in my city $20.00 per week. If your child is younger than that, check your local human resources listing in the phone book or do a search on line.
    Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 12:11 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Oh I'm sorry I forgot to you all where I live...Jacksonville Florida, the Mandarin area.
    pixiemom214

Answer by pixiemom214 at 7:35 AM on Nov. 24, 2008