Have you ever seen anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh4-DhEipG8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ly27SfFVbZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhdt_cNhldQ

This is video footage of my 13 mth old daughter who has been doing weird movements for the past 2 months, we suspected infantile spasms, seizure, or a movement disorder but don't have any answers yet.

karebearintx

Asked by karebearintx at 9:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Kids' Health

• he said she does it when shes tired. my nephew does a weird thing with his eyes when hes tired and i do a weird thing with my eyes and mymouth when im tired. its normal. def not a seizure. ive seen a seizure with a little girl in my arms and thats def NOT a seizure
    Anonymous

• that is strange. sorry I dont know. I show them to your doc and see what they thought.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 10:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• it looks to me like she' fighting her sleep. although to be safe, i would ask the doctor. i overheard yall talking about her waking up and then was tired again, that's normal, especially if she's going through a growth spurt. my son went through one, and he slept all day and night, and only woke up to eat. but yeah i'd ask a doc just to ease your mind. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• umm...looks like shes fighting her sleep. or have a terrets-sp....ppl with with terrets gets worst when they get tired. or pissy,
    Anonymous

• sorry did't relize i posted Anonymous @10:17
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• thanks for looking at it for me....yeah when she first started doing them that is what we thought (the fighting sleep thing) but they just developed out of no where and have been ongoing for 2 months now.
    karebearintx

Answer by karebearintx at 11:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Hi. I watched all three and I didn't see anything weird at all. She is your baby and only you know what is normal for her but seriously, she was alert and looking around and didn't seem to have any type of convulsive movements. Sometimes babies make their little habits and movements of their own. It looks in these vids like she's just starting to move around the room. The "jerking" movements look more like her body just kind of getting used to the weight of her head and the different ways to move it around. Also looks exactly like what my son does when he is sleepy and can't get comfy. He'll flip his head from one side to the other for about 20 seconds trying to situate himself. I'm sure you'll discuss with your doc, but honestly, I know she's just fine. Good Luck to you.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 3:44 AM on Nov. 24, 2008