What is the best way to cook a steak if you dont have a grill-just an oven and a pan? And what kind of steak? Hard for me cuz I get disgusted by gristle...

purplerobin

Asked by purplerobin at 12:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would pan sear in a little olive oil over a high temp. I do fillets or ribeyes tht way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yuck I hate gristle too. Here's a bump for you because my dh cooks 99% of the time. I don't know how to cook but only a few things.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I broil it usually. Broil on high. I get flank steaks (then thinkly slice it after cooking), filet, top sirloin... Those are among the leanest cuts, and if you cook them at high heat, they really don't get tough. Timing is just all about how you like it cooked. Also, never turn your steak more than once, or it can dry out.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Thanks, music! I like my steak medium-rare...does broiling it get the nice crispy coating on the outside?
    purplerobin

Comment by purplerobin (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Wrap it in foil with onions and seasoned it real good
    amber733

Answer by amber733 at 1:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Wrap it in foil with onions, carrots, and potatoes; season to your liking and bake on 350 for about half an hour check it and if the middle is the color you want then it is done

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2011