What should I do to get this guy back into my life??

I am currently in the middle of a divorce and 5 months after my seperation, one of my childhood friends had asked me out and we were together for 9 AMAZING months. But he had left me cuz my mom had interferred in our relationship to much and was constantly down grading him and saying he was no better than my ex. He has a short temper but would never touch me or my son, and he had left so that he didn't do anything stupid. I know that he still loves me cuz he has told me. But now I'm worried that he is going to find someone else. And to be honest I love this man more than I have EVER loved my husband! He is the 2nd guy I have ever dated && I am 22yrs old.
His mom and sister tell me to just give him his time and space and not to talk to him for awhile to make him think about what he stands to lose. I know he loves me and my son with all his heart cuz he has been in love with me for 6 years now!

Country.Mama319

Asked by Country.Mama319 at 12:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• I am not meaning to sound like a bitch but I am going to be blunt about this. You are 22 and going through a divorce. Right now your priorities should be your child and you. I would wait at least until after the divorce before you start seeing anyone and even then I would wait longer and take time to concentrate on yourself as a person. From what you described about this guy, he doesn't sound good. He had to leave so he wouldn't do anything! That is not someone who I would want in my life.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Ok....so IF he loves you so much then why is he not with you?Sounds like his family is making excuses for him.
    That sounds like something guys say when they don't want to be with you :just give me time:. Yeah right!! That is such an old excuse!!
    What exactly do you mean he left so he didn't do anything stupid? That is NOT someone
    I would want around my child.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 12:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• He is not a bad person at all! And they aren't excuses! He has had a really rough childhood and was beat by his dad every day! He has never hit anyone...he's not a violent person. But people drive him to the point where he may do something stupid like, his sister had called the cops on him for something his brother done so instead of punching her he punched a wooden post and broke his hand. For the 9 months we were together he never once got anger. He just calmly left and we still talk!
    And my son is my number one priority, but I stick by my word to and I told him that I would never give up on him cuz for one I do love him very much and two he has been AMAZING with my son. Everyone has their opinions but I'm not one to break my promises or give up on something I believe in.
    Country.Mama319

Comment by Country.Mama319 (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You need to give yourself some time. Your son probably is very confused right now. First your husband isn't in his life as much anymore, and now this guy. I know you say you love him, but you need to wait before going after him. Your son is going to get so confused if this guy suddenly comes back into his life.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Wow- with a divorce going on, I would think you needed less drama in your life, not more. You need to focus on your child and learning how to be a single mother to her before you go on to someone else. This guy sounds pretty immature, and as a mom, you have to be conscientious about who you keep your DD around.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I completely know where all of you are coming from. But my main focus right now is my son, and I am doing everything in my power to make a great life with him. And my second priority is to get this divorce over with. But no matter what I am always going to think about this guy and want him back in my life. And I will do what I can to make that happen again. He is the only daddy Dylann knows and this guy loves my son with all his heart, as if he were his own. But things aren't going to change right now until I can get enough money to get out of my parents house. And I have had more drama with my own family than I ever have with this guy, he and my son is what kept me sane. If you truely understood where I was coming from and how I felt you would do the same thing. But I am putting my son first...please don't take what I said, the wrong way! He is all I have!!
    Country.Mama319

Comment by Country.Mama319 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Mar. 14, 2011