Anybody have and regret the lap band?

Both are true for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• Me, too - I wish I'd not have done it now. I thought I'd researched adequately but things didn't go as I'd hoped.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 1:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I haven't had it but am curious as to why you feel this way? I've been thinking about having it done.
    I would appreciate you're input.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 9:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Ugh, I didn't mean to be anon!!! Anyways,
    I regret the lap band for many reasons. I have had to have a revision surgery because the port that they attach under your skin came loose. They couldn't access it so they had to reattach it.
    I have had dozens of horrible fill experiences. I have repeatedly been "too tight" and haven't been able to swallow my own spit. I puked up bile and couldn't sleep more than an hour at a time. I have had the band for two years and I know how to eat properly but for some reason my band is difficult to deal with. Some days I can eat, some days everything gets stuck.
    I just got back from the doc after not being able to swallow since Friday night. My band was irritated and I couldn't drink even water. The ER couldn't help me so I suffered all weekend. I have lost some weight, I'm happy about that at least.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:31 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I'm sorry you've had it so rough. It doesn't sound like something I'd want to go through, but I have a LOT of weight to lose
    was hoping that would be an option. Thanks for the information and hang in there, hopefully things will get better for you.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 11:28 PM on Mar. 15, 2011