Name

Do your child(ren) call you mother or mom or mommy. What about for your s/o do they call him father/dad/daddy.

What about your parents when reffering to you when talking to your child(ren) what to the call you. Does it bug you.

My kids either call me mom or mommy and s/o is dad or daddy.
My family reffer us to mom and dad when talking to our children.
S/O's family reffers hiim as daddy (espically talking to his daugther) and they reffer to me as mother. It pissy me off to no end that s/o's family does that.

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 1:20 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• What EXACTLY pisses you off?
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• hey i know how ya feel i hate that word mother it just sounds horrible....... like someone you dont love i dont know why but i have never like that word it creps me out and i WILL not be called that 4 yr old knows i cant stand that mother word mom mommy anything else is better then that!!
    wisdomfrmsuffer

Answer by wisdomfrmsuffer at 1:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• why ? It's really not that bad, you are their mother after all. But I know how you feel if he's daddy you want to be called mommy by them.. I do understand you. it sounds more even.that way But its not really that bad. Don't take it the wrong way.But if it really bothers you then tell s\o's family that if he's daddy then your mommy or if your mother then your s\o is father. But I still Don't think it should bother you..I think they might say it that way out of respect. Or do they say it in a certain way . ? That makes you mad.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 1:50 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my son calls me mom or mommy (he's 3)
    he calls hid dad: dad, daddy or dada
    my parents say "your mom" or "mommy" and "dad" or "daddy"
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 2:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my daughter calls me ma-mum or mama. when talking to me my family calls me by my name, but when talking to my daughter they call me mommy, or mama.
    I think you should lightly suggest they call you by whatever you prefur. Just say no, we say mommy. and if they dont comply start correcting them every single time. and if that doesnt work call them something they dont like.
    CrimsonHaze

Answer by CrimsonHaze at 2:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my children call me either Mom or Mommy depending on what they want but they call their dad "Dad and nothing else

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I guess it's in the way that they say it. S/O's mom is always Your mother said no or your mother did that or when she tells them to come ask me it's always go ask your mother. But then again S/O blams me fore everything from telling the kids they can't do anything or have sweets or something.
    When S/O's mom tells the kids to go ask S/O something it's always dad or daddy.

It bugs me because of that and the fact that the kids don't call me mother they call me mom or mommy. I've already talked to S/O and her about it and she's yet to change.
    red_head_mommy2

Comment by red_head_mommy2 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My daughter calls me Mommy and her dad Daddy
    DH's mom calls me Mother and him Daddy
    The Mother word doesnt really bother me since I call my own mama "Mother" when I'm referring to her talking to other people "My mother used to....."
    But I don't particularly care for DH's mom just in general so everything she says rubs me the wrong way lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:04 PM on Mar. 14, 2011