Can anyone tell me some info on infants and fractures?

jburns52

Asked by jburns52 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you suspect a fracture, you should go to urgent care or ER tonight. AN infant in pain can look very different than an adult in pain.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yikes, sorry. I have no idea. If I ever had a doubt I would be at the ER asap. =*( If they're not moving their fingers/foot, if mobility is impaired, anything abnormal... I'd totally go in.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• this was a mth ago....im looking for info on brittle bone disease....my son was born with 3 fractures. the drs. never noticed cuz he didnt swell up bruise or even cry in pain...only cried when he wanted to eat. he is now 2 mths old and in a bodycast til wednesday. the drs. told me at every check up he was healthy. then this happened when he was 5 wks old
    jburns52

Comment by jburns52 (original poster) at 1:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Poor baby! All my prayers for him! Go to Web MD and look it up.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oh the poor thing! I have no info for you, but I will give you a bump. Hugs to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011