Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Iud? adult content

i have had the iud for 8months and my strings seems like there getting lower what should i do about this? when i check for the strings every month there getting longer and longer? what could this be?

Answer Question

Asked by hinson7169 at 1:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

Level 5 (94 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • It may be becoming dislodged from the uterus. I would call the gyno and have it check out.

    Answer by sydash11 at 2:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • I agree a doctor's appointment might be in order.

    Answer by musicpisces at 2:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • It could mean a few things. One it could be that your strings haven't curled up like they are supposed to. Two it could be that your doctor didn't cut the strings enough. Or three like the above it may be that it has dislodged and in that case you need to see your doctor to get it replaced. Either way I would see your doctor to make sure and be careful until then because you can get pregnant if it has dislodged. GL.

    Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • Mine became dislodged and I enede up pregnant. So yes, get an app.

    Answer by arenad at 10:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • I agree with PP I'd definitely make an appointment and just get it checked out.

    Answer by Supernerdywife at 11:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

  • i would go to the doctor and have him or her check for you

    Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:57 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.