In-Law Problems (Emergency)

Ok this is the situation, my DH sister hates me, she has tried several times to sabatoge our relationship :/ Anyway, one of her GOOD friends is Dh's ex. They live in another state so this has never been a problem before but now there is a family event in a couple weeks, and it is unavoidable...
I know she will have his ex there... I'm not scared I am confident in my relationship with DH and I know he loves me, but at the same time... It is going to piss me off BC I know the sister is going to try something. I will be on edge the whole time. I wish I could just put it out of my head, bc I trust him totally, but it still REALLY bothers me!!
Any advice? (I cannot beat her up, that is unacceptable, I do NOT want to cause a scene, AND I can't just "let it go".. so if you stil have advice do tell lol) Thanks ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Don't let her see that she bothers you. That's what SIL wants (and maybe the ex, too).
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 2:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i would just laugh keep laugh when ever you see them together just think he is with you there had to be reason why they are not together so move on you get the last laugh pay backs are bitch bring one of her ex to the gathering and see how she feels
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Your husband should be sticking up for you as well at this event. Maybe explain to him that you're a bit anxious of what might happen given the past history with his sister's dislike of you. I think it's a good idea that you both plan to keep your time at this event short and just show up for a bit out of courtesy. That does sound like a setup though that she invited his ex without regard to your feelings. It also doesn't hurt to give him a gentle reminder of your bond. Right before you go into the event, maybe in the car after you get there, look him in the eyes and tell him you love him because he is always there for you. Take the high road if something happens because it's how you look to your husband that matters more. The sister might be trying to shatter his image of you.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Definitely tell your husband how you feel. He should be by your side the whole time you guys are at the event. The only acceptable time he isn't by yourside is when he/you have to use the bathroom. Regardless if youre married you still have that "what if" in the back of your mind because it's his ex &his sister, am I right? (please if I am wrong correct me, this is just my opinion) &if anyone says anything that hurts your feelings, be sure that your husband is sticking up for you!!!
    AFwifenmom2

Answer by AFwifenmom2 at 7:56 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• You have to go there with complete confidence in yourself and in your DH. You have to go there like your are the bitch. like you won't let enyone bother you.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• He should not want to go if you are uncomfortable with it, and his sister is only trying to cause problems, but if you and him have to go, then come up with a password, and if you get uncomfortable while you are there, just say the password, and you & him get ready to leave, come up with an excuse to leave early.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• my SIL and MIL are the same way and have been trying to seperate my DH and I for 13 years now; and we are still together if your DH really loves you he will stick up for you and tell the SIL to back off.  My DH had to tell his mom and sister that no matter how much they tried they were not going to break us up.  That made them back off some; my SIL stills hates me but some of the remarks and such have stopped

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011