What do you think about under age pregnancy?

I know this girl that had her first child at 12 second at 14 and 2 others. Her mother was a crackhead and died of Aids a few years ago. She acts like a kid and her first child now have a baby and dropped out of highschool. What do you think about this.

dubewife

Asked by dubewife at 3:13 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• we are not here to judge but where she came from broken home and no mother teach her the right or wrong
    her love is different then what we where taught ,that you don't have to lay with man to find love you must love your self firist and since you know her maybe you can help her out
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 3:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think she is lost and looking for love on all the wrong places,, I feel bad for her but hopefully domeone can be there for here
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I think that she wasn't the best mother because of how she and her mother are...not that she is underage. I really couldn't tell you the difference between an 17 year old mother and an 18 year old mother. It has nothing to do with age, just maturity.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 3:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Their are many reasons and we cant really judge them maybe they ddt have a father and if they did he probably was never there. My sis got pregnant at 14 had her bb at 15 dad n mom were getting divorced when this happend.
    vania_jmz

Answer by vania_jmz at 6:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My heart goes out to them. They were never taught how to have class & self respect. They need love from someone, so they go & find it with men. It's really sad.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i think that 12 is deffinately to young to have a baby, but i was a young mum at 15 so i really dont have a leg to stand on, i also believe it depends on the individual in question because children with children is no way to raise a baby.
    stacey91

Answer by stacey91 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• What do I think? I think it's a sad situation.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 8:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am not one to judge others I leave the judging to God
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:28 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• What exactly is "underage?" Yes, I think 12 is to young to have a child in THIS SOCIETY, but in others it's the norm. The human body is made to start procreating at 12 or 13, if it wasn't we wouldn't menstruate at those ages. But I think it's culture that determines what is a "normal age" or even an "okay age" to be having children. In a culture like ours we don't even consider people to be adults until they are at least 18 or older. But in cultures where girls are considered women at 10 or 11, it's a whole different world!

As for those here who face mother hood at those ages, they have quite the road ahead of them, but it's not impossible. I have a good friend who has 7 kids, she had her oldest when she was 14. She was married at 15. I can tell you she would happily go back and not get married, but she wouldn't ever change the fact that she had her son so young. Without doubt that baby was a blessing!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• "The human body is made to start procreating at 12 or 13, if it wasn't we wouldn't menstruate at those ages."

Uh, NO. Just becasue women menstrate, does not mean their body is ready for pregnancy. Boys produce sperm from the moment they are born, does that mean they are ready to procreate and produce a baby?...NO.

And in those cultures that girls are 'considered' a woman at 10, and are getting married to older men, those men are being charged with crimes against children. There was a special news segment on it just two weeks ago. Just becasue it happens, doesn't make it right.

I just love how teenage mothers try to justify their own actions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2011