Pro Caucasion descent.......

Do you think it is okay for people of the Caucasian descent to be as proud of their heritage just like people from other descents??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it is okay for Caucasians to be proud that they are Caucasians. Oh and for you ladies who say it is not a heritage or race, you are wrong. Kinda like black people consider themselves African, white people are Caucasian. The definition of Caucasian are people from European descent. Which most white people are, you know a mix of English, German, Irish, and whatever.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Nov. 25, 2008

• I think everyone should be proud of who they are. It should not be your race that makes you proud but the person you have become and try to be each day.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• what kind of question is this?

I AM A WHITE AMERICAN AND I AM PROUD OF THAT!!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Of course! My grandma always has little stories about her grandparents and their parents (Swedish). Same with my grandpa (Scottish). I like knowing where my family came from and the accomplishments that were made in the countries they are from. It doesn't have to be a race issue. 

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I don't even get why anyone of any race/background wouldn't have pride about who they are. All cultures have beauty.
    pugpin

Answer by pugpin at 10:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• That is one thing I have never understood... Why is it so bad that we are proud of being white? I got hate mail when I posted a blog about being proud of being white...
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 10:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• almige - because "white pride" is usually associated with KKK or other racists groups - maybe that is why you got the hate mail?

I say be proud of WHO you are - its what inside that counts, not whats on the outside. Everyone is special, no matter what race they may be.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 11:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I've never been 'proud' to be white or female...because I had nothing to do with that...it's was just the roll of the genetic dice. I'm proud of other things...things I've accomplished and done and learned and the way I conduct myself and have raised my kids and committed myself to my marriage...I'm proud of stuff I had a direct hand in...but not my skin color or gender. That's stupid to be proud of something you had nothing to do with.
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 11:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I agree with dragon...white pride is usually associated with white supremest groups

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I find it sad that we can't put something so trivial as skin color aside and just associate ourselves those who have the same ideas, etc. I am a white woman and I believe that the media promotes racism. I have been reading some very interesting articles by an African American man named Thomas Sowell. I think he is a very intelligent man. If he had run for President, I would have been one of his volunteers. You can read his very enlightening columns on his website: Thomassowell.com.

Goodthings

Answer by Goodthings at 12:00 AM on Nov. 24, 2008