EGGNOG?? never really had it but would like to.

I come from hispanic background. So when it comes to christmas it's Champurrado or Hot cocoa....But i really would like to try the egg nog... ladies tell me all about it. Do we drink it cold?? hot??? Any good recipes on it?? THANKS SO MUCH. EGG NOT LOVERS... LET ME KNOW ALL UR TRADITIONS WITH THIS AND HOW YOU CAME ABOUT TO LOVE IT! THANKS!!

firstXmomTX

Asked by firstXmomTX at 10:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I drink it cold with a little nutmeg sprinkled over the top.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 10:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EGGNOG!! It is one of my favorite holiday traditions. I drink mine cold. It is pretty rich so I cannot drink a lot at a time but it will keep you coming back for more. It is also pretty thick and creamy. It does not have a strong taste - just very creamy, thick, and yummy. If I had to compare it to something it would be a really thick vanilla milkshake with a little cinnamon. You will like it - give it a try and let me know. Some people add whiskey, etc. to their eggnog - not me I am a traditional eggnog lover. I LOVE to see it on the shelves in the grocery store.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 10:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i'm with BOTH of the first 2 posters. i can't drink a whole glass, only a very small one at a time, with some nutmeg on top. you can buy the kind with alchohol in it also. (although i've never had that kind, so i dont' know how it tastes. it also depends on which brand on what kind of taste you like. i drink Prairie Farms brand.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• YUMMY!!! I wait all year for Egg Nog! Unlike the posters above me though, I drink a huge glass! I don't have any recipes for it. I tried to make it once years ago, and it was too hard for me. I love Champurado though! My MIIL makes it all the time!
    absmama

Answer by absmama at 10:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I use to drink EggNog, But I would add milk to it because its really thick and strong. My step father adds burdon to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I drink eggnog but I think it is a little to thick sometimes so I add a little milk in I love it I have to have it every year
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 12:14 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I make Champurrado and eggnog lol I am Mexican American so practice both traditions with my son. He just got en eggnog shake at Jack In The Box...........YUM! it made me look forward to the holidays. I love it alone or with rum in it. I even dip cookies in it!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• we went to get ice cream a few years ago, the store was selling eggnog, and DH asked for a chocolate shake, but instead of using milk to make it, he asked for them to make eggnog...man, that was flippin sweet (good). i make it homemade every year. i got the recipe from martha stewart show. its pretty darn easy! eggnog is very sweet and thick. you sprinkle nutmeg spice on the top of it (i say the more, the better) and you can also add burbon or whiskey to it. you drink it cold, but not with ice. its so so yummy. when i was preg (with all 4) i could drink a whole carton at a time!
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 3:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• i wait all year for egg nog to be on the shelves! i drink it cold with a little bit of milk in it, it is very thick and rich. my fam puts alcohol in it but since ive been drinking it since i was little i cant, it just doesnt seem right. lol im 21 so im allowed to drink but its a childhood memory for me :)
    lululovexox

Answer by lululovexox at 9:47 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• I don't drink it, just because I have this quirk about thick drinks...but everyone else in my house loves it, served cold with a little cinnamon and nutmeg on top. One year I heated it and added grated dark chocolate, and they all loved that too. You can add alcohol; bourbon, brandy or rum. Don't add ice. My father in law lets his sit until it is closer to room temp, he likes it better that way, so you can try it both icey cold and room temp to check for yourself.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2008