I feel funny asking this...it's about hemorrhoids TMI?

I have a hemorrhoid that I got from my first pregnancy 3 years ago now. I was just wondering if it is always going to be there? Can it be removed? Has anyone ever had it removed? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 4:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Health

• Is it an external hemorrhoid or an internal hemorrhoid. I went in with an external hemorrhoid and was told that the only way to remove it would be an operation however if they're internal they tie a rubber band around them and they just fall off. The operation is incredibly painful and the doctor told me to seriously consider whether I wanted it removed or whether I could cope with this. I decided against the operation and then a few weeks later my hemorrhoid actually disappeared itself, it may have gone back or something else, I'm not sure. I hope this helped, I went through hell with mine... I couldn't walk it was so painful, I swear I'd have rather been in labor!
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Oh & apparently the operation has a slight risk of muscle damage.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2011