How do you know you really love somebody or are seriously falling in love?

Being 31 I have very little experience in men and the one's I do have weren't as nice as I wanted them to be, to say the least. So how do I know it's real? I'm afraid I could just fall in love with any guy who gets friendly with me, because of nasty relationships in the past. I want to be open, but careful. Without appearing too suspicious. It's kinda hard to find that balance. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• >>>When u go on a date with him suggest some where that is a casual and laid back like a sports bar Wait awhile before going to a movie. I never understood why people go there on your first date. Do stuff that is fun. Go play mini golf, or whatever. Just relax, pretend he just
    a friend. Take it slow again pretend u are a turtle. Just remember the other guys are in the past, key word "past". Don't compare a guy to your the men u had in the past. If u continue to think that way, your soul mate just might pass u and then u lost out. As for wondering if u r in love, step back and think about. How do u feel? Remember u just met him and all new relationships start with the giddy feeling when u get ready to see him the sense of anticipation. Then u are wondering if u are seriously in love? Trust me, u will know the answer to that question.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Be your self. And do not jump into a serous  relationship.  Just hang out and get to know the guy.  If a guy want to be around you ALL the time.  That how I knew he wanted to be with me.

Before my DH, I had guys want to just come over and want sex mostly. I got tired of that. so I figured if a guy wanted to be around me all the time. He really wated me.

Answer by louise2 at 6:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• alot of men like to compete just cause they can. You can tell alot about a guy that plays pool or tennis and watch him how plays. Does e tend to ge nasty if he loses.....strike one....... Observe him and see how well he can handle alcohol. Does he need alot of beer to get a buzz on? a possiable alcoholic? Does he start getting 'emotional?' Does he get the liquid courage and then tries to get u to go home with him.strike 2.....Then run for your life!! Run fast! lol So maybe on a date u can suggest and ask him if he would want to play pool or what ever trhey like, but make sure you enjoy as well. Don't do things u don't like just because your man likes doing it. If u do end up with one another and he discovers u really didn't like. You already lied to him.
    cont>>>>
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 6:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011