How do you feel about meeting people online?

It is the cyber age, old fashioned romance meet the keybord! would you feel comfortable dating someone you met online?

joanie70

Asked by joanie70 at 5:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• Joanie, definitely keep your friendship. I met my husband about a year and a half ago through the internet like I've stated before. He would send me roses for valentines day with boxes of chocolates, love letters &other sweet things to make me fall him as well. Military men need love too you know! :)
    AFwifenmom2

Answer by AFwifenmom2 at 5:49 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i have, my whole dating career ( not everyone i have dated.) i grew up with computers and the internet. I remember message boards before the web and email. lol. i feel through writing correspondents, one can learn the others most inner thoughts. you can say things you would have a hard time in person. learn how to be romantic with words. most of the people i dated online didnt last though.
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 5:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I don't think I'd be too comfortable with that. My step sister, though, met her now hubby online. They talked for like 3 months, and then they met and got married. I think they've been married for 2 years now.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:26 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That's how I met my husband 10 years ago.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 7:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That's how I met my husband too. We've been married 6 years.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am actually in my first "real" online chat with someone..well..it's going great to be honest..but we shall see
    Proud.Momma.07

Answer by Proud.Momma.07 at 5:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No, i met my husband through friends who I knew personally and was stationed in the same base as him/also was his roommate but we interacted mostly through the internet because he was in Alaska while I was down in California. We talked through Fb, text, calls &Skype. We turned out to be really good friends, then started dating &got married a year ago. (he came down to California every 3-4 months or when he had vacation time.b Sorry if I'm telling you my whole life story lol.
    AFwifenmom2

Answer by AFwifenmom2 at 7:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i did it once. you have to be careful of them pervs out there though. If they want to meet you withen the 1st day of talking to you and looking at your picture then they are really desperate and dont care to get to know you better and for who you are. If you asking if its safe, well thats why you have to take a risk and know these are real pple. My first experience was great but we had problems
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• That's how I met my SO. He is, by far, the best guy I've ever dated. Our relationship (although a bit problematic at the moment) has a much more solid foundation than any other relationship I've ever had. Meeting online gave us a chance to get to know each other really well before we met in person, and because we didn't have a chance to let physical attraction get in the way and rush sex (he's a truck driver and was gone for a while when we first met and got together), we were able to find the things we truly share in common and build an honest relationship in a way I'm not sure we would have if we'd met some other way.

The main thing is to remember that some people are not honest online. You need to be cautious about believing everything they tell you, and you need to also be cautious about feeling a false sense of intimacy and closeness with someone online, and not meet them in private at that first meeting because of that
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• No.. People can be anyone they want to be online..
    Obi.Ren.Kenobi

Answer by Obi.Ren.Kenobi at 8:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2011