How to look good sitting down?

I know that there are certain things on how to dress the most flattering, that depend on your size and body shape and so on. Do the same rules apply when sitting down constantly? Like in a wheel chair?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 5:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• When I sit down in front of the TV I see a different shot of me than when I am standing up...I see where I could stand to lose some weight. For me it is around the waistline...
    That being said, I believe that if a person is in a wheelchair that it is important too, to look your best., sitting down. ...I believe no matter what we have on, it affects the way we feel about ourselves..
    So to look good sitting down it would be best, I believe to wear clothes that are loose fitting and of course opt for pants or a dress or skirt that comes well over the knees....Then tops should be attractive, ones that flatter the figure, even sitting down... Also if desired one should wear jewelry and makeup...It lifts the spirits!!!!
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 7:19 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i suppose so. i havent heard about it though
    Arretsmomma5

Answer by Arretsmomma5 at 5:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yes I would emagine so.

Answer by louise2 at 6:04 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• ah yes...i hate sitting down because of this reason. it looks like i got an intertube on then my arms start looking bad and it just looks bad from a side veiw all around, its just best if i stand then you dont see all of that. i'll just have to lose some wieght i think
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I would imagine so
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:47 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• if possible, sit up straight as this elongates the torso..and if you have a pooch like I do, I dress in tops that have print to them and that either tie or belt below my breasts or right over the pooch to help minimize it. Also hair updo's elongate the neck and the proper makeup will draw attention to your best features like your smile, the laugh in your eyes. simple pants that aren't too busy or skirts that come to the feet are flattering as well.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 3:40 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• same rules apply with the modify for personal size and and any added equipment that is needed to assist bodily functions
    firelites

Answer by firelites at 5:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011