If someone wants REVENGE all the time don't you think they were really hurt at one time?

I have a enemy in my life and she wants revenge all the time,she always has to get me back for what I did and this was years ago.I'm trying to figure out why she needs to be right all the time,I need evidence though,if she was really hurt, what do you think?Only kind informative answers please

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 5:44 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Relationships

• If someone wants revenge all the damn time for something that happens a while ago, then they need to grow the hell up and get over it. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone has hurt somebody. Deal with it and move on
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:12 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If she's wanting revenge, it's because you hurt or insulted her in some way, and she can't let go of a grudge. It's difficult to deal with people like that--I think moving on from hurts requires either true forgiveness or at least a willingness to just let it go. Some people can't do that. They hold on to it, and it's bitter and ugly in their hearts. I have people in my life like this and it sucks to watch them struggle with that bitterness.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:09 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• If you even think it possible that you have hurt her, you should be the one to go to her and apologize and try to make things right. The fact that you haven't done that doesn't excuse her trying to get revenge, but it certainly might explain it. It really doesn't matter what happened or whether she was, in your opinion, "really hurt," you still need to go to her and apologize for whatever it was that you did that you think may have caused the problem. Ask her to forgive you. She then has the option of either saying that she will or that she won't. After that, accept her answer and move on. I would also apologize for having waited many years to do what I should have done at the time it happened, whatever it was.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:20 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• She could have been really hurt, or maybe she's just that type of person.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011