If someone wants REVENGE all the time,don't you think they were really hurt at one time?

I think that's the case with this woman I know I'm trying to figure out her personality.She's mad at me and is always trying to make my life hell.What do you think,any psychology majors out there?

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 5:53 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes, I think she may have been hurt in the past & getting back at others is her way of protecting herself.
    Alexias30

Answer by Alexias30 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Maybe, but there are lots of people who have been hurt in unimaginable ways that don't seek revenge. I would guess they have issues dealing with anger and don't know how to LET GO. As the pp said, she's probably emotionally immature, and has not learned to deal with anger, jealousy, etc. in constructive ways. I'm not really sure what you can do other than avoid her as much as possible or attempt talking with her if you think it could actually help. Obviously there are legal options if she's truly harassing you or taking things too far. In the end, SHE is the only one who can change her attitude, her behavior and how she conducts herself with other people though.

I'm not a psychologist, but I took some psychology class in college. I practice Buddhism--which is eastern psychology and so much more.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I am a psych major but that isnt enough info to really diagnose someone. Sure hurt can cause someone to act out but alot of times people act out emotionally because they are just emotionally immature.

Answer by gemgem at 8:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2011