Is it possiable to get pregnant while breastfeeding and using Norplant?

I have been on Norplant for almost 2months now, Ive been breastfeeding for 5months. I have not had a period since my baby was born. I wont to say my symptoms are a side effect of the Norplant but I cant find a failure rate of the Norplant. It all started 4weeks ago, the cramps started really bad, I just thought maybe this month Ill get my period nope I didn't. Then 2weeks ago I started having pregnancy dreams, I never have these kind of dreams unless I'm pregnant you know the ones where your husband/bf is cheating or going to leave you for another girl. Then last week I started to feel sick, a few days ago I spotted but not enough to even use a pad or anything, then today I got sick not feeling sick got sick. I had the IUD and I got pregnant on it, IDK how but I did, I got the IUD copper, it fell out, I got the Nuvaring and I got pregnant on it, my family says I'm to fertile for birth control. I would like to know if any of you mothers have went through the same or smilier things? Can I really get pregnant while using birth control and breastfeeding? How will I tell the difference in the signs of being pregnant and side effects?

Everyone is making perfect since. I'm only getting sick around 3am every night now. its funny how it has its own time schedule. Does anyone know of a failure rate? Has anyone got pregnant while using it? If so how long after you had it put in did you get pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've become pregnant while breastfeeding and using external contraception. If I were you I'd take a test, it's the only way you'll know for certain, you do sound fertile so it's not impossible! All birth control methods have some chances of pregnancy, you never know though, it may be just side effects or your mind projecting symptoms onto you because you're worrying about it so much.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 6:18 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Breastfeeding in NO way is birth control. As far as the norplant, I don't know a whole lot about it. Just take a test to ease your mind
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:13 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Anytime you have sex, you run into the possibility of pregnancy, regardless of whether or not you're on birth control. NO birth control is 100% effective. Breastfeeding is not birth control, in and of itself, but can be used as such IF you follow a strict set of guidelines, and even then, it's not 100%.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It's not likely, but it's always possible.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:15 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• all birth control has a percentage of fail rate. I would get a pregnancy test done asap so if they have to remove the norplant they can do so as some birth controls can cause birth defects or difficulties from what I hear.
    dakotafriend

Answer by dakotafriend at 3:37 PM on Mar. 15, 2011