When you take your little boy into the ladies room does he come in the cubicle with you?

This is something i was dicussing with a friend the other day. When your out shopping etc and you need the ladies do you take your son into the cubicle with you or let him stand outside? My friend thought it was weird that i took him in the cubicle with me and that she would be embarrssed. For me it is just a safety issue and to be honest its no real biggy id rather my son see his mom having a wee then being abducted or somthing.

Claire.d

Asked by Claire.d at 7:06 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• I used to take him with me when he was small. He is 6 now and he just waits outside the stall. He knows about stranger danger.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I have always taken my kids in the stall with me when I go to the restroom, and I have 2 boys.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:23 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• My son is 4 and if I stand outside, he'll use the boys restroom on his own, but if I have to go, I'm taking him in with me...he'll go into the stall with me and I have him face away from me. I'm sure once he gets older he can probably wait outside if he knew to stay put, but for now he's with me.

I did have a friend that would take her son with her to the restroom, but she'd leave him outside the stall so she could go...if he wasn't asking her embarrassing questions...he was being the little bugger that would try to peak underneath other people's stalls. -grumbles-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• All 3 of mine (though 1 is a girl) came in with me, and the two younger ones still do. They are almost 4&6. I can't imagine being embarrassed by my kids seeing me pee.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:33 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I take mine with me they are still little so it dose not matter, but even when they get older they will still go in with me now my daughter she is 7 and if i have to go she has to go so she will be in the stall next to me and I make her wait till i get out for her to come out
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:41 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The world is to dangerous to turn my back on my child in a store aisle, let alone actually have a door between the two of us. They go in with me, I do have them face the wall (and it's turned into a game now) It's fun for them and I would never be embarrassed about them seeing me pee, because at home, I'm lucky to be able to go by myself, there is no difference in public....safety first anyway... and subsequently that is how I taught them to cover the toilet seat if they had to sit on it. You know you did an excellent job when they do it at home too LOL.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• When my kids were little I would bring them in with me. I would not think anything of bringing them in the stall with me they are my kids. Now they are older and don't even come into the bathroom with me.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:47 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• He waits outside for Mommy...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:51 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• we each use our own stall to pee then meet up to wash hands ( he's 3)
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:11 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I used to take him in with me but now if the entire family is along I have my husband take him in the men's room because he has said some embarrassing things in the past!

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 14, 2011