Are the dollar store hpt as accurate as the first response and such?

if you took a dollar store test was it accurrate?

miritrose

Asked by miritrose at 7:58 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I took one in December and when I went to the doctor I was 5 weeks 5 days so Id say theyre just as accurate
    LilMama0620

Answer by LilMama0620 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 15, 2011

• i did with my daughter and yes it was
    devinalexis

Answer by devinalexis at 7:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• They are awesome. It is the same thing and I did do a First Response test as well to be sure.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Yep. Used one with my last child, dd used them with both, and ds girlfriend used them as well.

Answer by gemgem at 8:14 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• The dollar store tests I took showed a positive BEFORE the early detection national brand tests, and yes they were accurate. I only trust those, now, but I'll buy like 2 at a time because you can get a false positive or negative, but it's rare.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:21 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It was for me. Also, that brand is what the health departments around here use for their tests.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:22 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• yep with all three of mine then i went to the emergency room to make sure
    devlynsmommy08

Answer by devlynsmommy08 at 9:46 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I took cheaper than a dollar store test. I used pregnancy test strips that I bought from Amazon for $9 for 25 of them. (I test, a lot!) They worked just as well as the expensive ones. With my first and second child, I used the Clear Blue Easy digital tests. I have them come out negative when they should have been reading positive. With the expensive digital tests, I got a positive at 6 weeks pregnant. With the cheapy dipstick ones from Amazon, I got a positive a 4 weeks pregnant.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 10:48 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• yes! I took the dollar test and now i am happy to say i am 19 weeks pregnant!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 14, 2011

• yes i used a dollar store test 5 to be exact and all said i was and guess what im 32 weeks today!
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 6:26 PM on Mar. 14, 2011