Contractions/Labor in the beginning. adult content

This isn't a question. People keep asking what labor feels like, well I will tell you what the beginning feels like as of right now for me.(Everyone is different though.) Ok, So I am in active labor RIGHT now. I am 38 & 1/2 weeks. Contractions are 1min apart and I was dilated to a 2 the last time they checked. I am bleeding a little bit now and about to head back to the hospital. (They sent me home, I only live 2mins away so they wanted my contractions to get stronger and thought I could wait it out at home, and also try and get some rest before the big show.) Yesterday I was having what I thought were back spasms. My mom and I were headed to drop a friend off an hour away. (LOL) When I told her I was having some pains... Now I had already had contractions before, or so I thought. They made me feel like I had no choice but to bend over. Like someone was PULLING my insides IN. Not really "painful" but it was a LOT of pressure. Then the back ones WERE more of a stabbing pain. They WERE painful. I also have scoliosis though. Which could be a big factor in my pain. I have a pretty high tolerance for pain too. Anyway, she told me to start counting! So I did! Come to find out these back spasms were contractions lasting about 10-15sec. And about 3mins apart. I didn’t know, I was expecting PAIN. 24hhrs later they are getting more and more intense. So I will keep you updated. Right now the front contractions (I‘m having mostly back contractions.) feel like a bad period and that someone grabs and squeeze my ovaries for about 20secs then lets go. More pressure then anything, but it MAKES me have to bend over. Keep ya’ll posted! :)

sissy0604

Asked by sissy0604 at 8:00 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i agree... contractions feel like intense period cramps. your uterus tightens and becomes hard as stone when it contracts. that part was always uncomfortable for me. i never had back labor though. well congrats on being very close to holding your baby in your arms! ill check back for your updates =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• Good luck m'dear!
    Supernerdywife

Answer by Supernerdywife at 11:24 AM on Mar. 14, 2011