Did you have a baby shower?

With each child or only with the first unless they were different sexes. I didn't have one with either of my children but I know some people have them with every child they have.

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:59 AM on Mar. 14, 2011 in General Parenting

• Two children, no baby showers.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:43 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I didn't have one with either kid.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had one with my 1st, 4th and 5th. I had them when people offered to give them. My first three were born very close together, so I didn't need anything for the 2nd or 3rd (my 3rd was a girl, but we didn't know that until late in the pregnancy). My 4th was a boy born 8 years after my 3rd, and my 5th was a girl.

Answer by missanc at 9:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I never had a baby shower, but I know that around here it is unusual to have a shower with a second child unless there are many years between the first & second child.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:02 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had them given for me with every child. I have 5 children.

Answer by gemgem at 9:03 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• i had 2 but they were both for my ds. my side of the family lives in Cali and my mom had one for my friends and family that lived there and then dh cousin had one for us in Texas where we live. I am planing on having another baby shower whenever we get pregnet again but it wont be until ds is 5ish, 2 more years.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:31 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• It is usually pretty customary to just have one for the first, ( I didn't have one at all) but it isn't out of the norm to do one for a second child especially if there is a lot of time between kids. I have found second and third showers I have been a little smaller in scale. People will go in on a big gift or do a diaper and book collection instead of asking for individual gifts Usually at the second they bring something for the older kid to congratulate them.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

• I had a 'Welcome Baby' party after the birth of my oldest- kind of a baby shower, but the baby is already born. I didn't have anything with my second and third. My family really only does something for the first child.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:34 AM on Mar. 14, 2011